The objects and purposes of the Turner Residents association are:
- To foster an appreciation of the present Turner environment and encourage its preservation, taking account of the interest and welfare of the community
- To support and implement agreed action on turner community welfare, rights, interest and projects.
We share common interests with similar suburban communities through the North Canberra Community Council (NCCC) and other groups interested in the quality of Canberra’s residential environment.
The ACT has complex planning and development approval processes. Active representation of residents is essential, to ensure outcomes that properly balance development pressures with preservation of residents’ quality of life and long-term personal investments in their homes
Priorities for the Turner Residents are:
- Maintaining and improving the quality of life of the Turner community
- Parking in Turner streets
- Strategic plans for the suburb
The Association is required each year to elect a Committee to manage its affairs. Any member can be nominated to join the Committee, with elections held at the Annual General Meeting.
Office Bearers for 18 are:
- President – Siobhan Dickson and Joanna Curtis
- Secretary – Derek Archer
- Treasurer – Andrew Bajkowski
- Next Annual General Meeting 20 November 2018
The next meeting will be an Annual General Meeting (AGM) to be held on 20 November 2018 at 7:30pm – Polish Club, 38 David Street Turner. At the AGM we will review the activities of the association over the last year, plan for 2019, elect committee members and (everybody’s favourite) review the accounts. All residents invited to attend! Agenda ...